Welcome to Europe A La Carte’s first post of 2010! Oh, and Happy New Year. May the year bring you wishes, wealth, and all the delights you desire.
I thought we’d start off the year on the right foot, with some tips and suggestions for the best places to visit in Europe during 2010.
Istanbul, on our 2010 list by Tambako
I’d like to suggest a wander through any of this year’s European Capitals of Culture:
- Istanbul, Turkey – where Europe meets Asia. Great food, wonderful markets, making for a truly unique European experience
- Essen, Germany – near Dusseldorf, Essen is known for its architecture and “the most beautiful coal mine in the world” (hey – it’s a UNESCO heritage site, so…) and an amazing Christmas market
- Pecs, Hungary – step back in time in this sleepy Hungarian hideway, where you can explore untouched Christian monuments and relics from as early as the 4th century
Florence, a perennial favourite
Why not check out some of the EALC team’s favourite places?
- Relaxing in Ljubljana, a cozy city
- Pedalling through Prague
- Soaking up the atmosphere in a piazza in Florence
- Or just soaking up the architecture in Riga?
Where are you going?
Are you going somewhere new to you in Europe in 2010? Where? Inspire the rest of us and share your European travel tips for 2010.